What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
Your Revolut Euro IBAN starting with GB or LT should be accepted everywhere in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) to send or receive Euro payments, including setting up direct debits and receiving your salary.
IBAN discrimination is when any employer or company within the SEPA region refuses to accept your Revolut Euro IBAN, because it starts with GB or LT. Not only is it inconvenient, but it's also a violation of Article 9 of the SEPA Regulation.
Read more about IBAN discrimination and how we can help you fight it in our blog.
With bank transfer
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the money reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Local CZK/HUF account details change for non-residents