My recipient has not received the money I sent
Your transfer will be marked 'Complete' when the money arrives at the recipient's bank. From there, we predict when the bank will process and credit the money. Remember, this is an estimation, not a guarantee.
As rare as it is, there may be exceptional cases in which the transfer might take slightly longer than usual to reach your recipient:
- Some banks and payment schemes don't process transfers during weekends and bank holidays
- Some banks may take a longer time to process transfers
- Most banks cannot process transfers with incorrect recipient details, such as account number or IBAN typos
- All banks and payment service providers are required to run checks on your payments to comply with regulations, which may cause delays
If you want to check the status of a transfer you made from your Revolut account, simply go to the relevant bank transfer in your transaction history and check the transfer tracker. In addition, Please confirm with your recipient that:
- Your transfer matches their account details
- Your transfer currency matches your recipient's account currency
- The funds haven't been returned to you
It is also possible that the beneficiary bank received the transfer, but is facing issues processing it to your recipient's account. You can help speed up the process by providing your recipient the Transfer Confirmation related to your transfer found within your Revolut app, which contains the information, needed for the receiving bank to trace your transfer.
- Go to your Revolut Accounts page
- Find the relevant transfer
- Click 'Confirmation' to get the PDF document
- Send the PDF to your recipient's bank
If your transfer is returned to us by the receiving bank, we'll make sure to return it to your account.
You can also send a request to trace or recall your transfer to us and we'll try to help. Please note that we can't guarantee that we'll be able to recall or trace your transfer.