Need a hand?

Just pop your question below to get an answer.

Why does Revolut need my TIN?

As a financial institution, we're required by law to collect and report information on your tax residencies. This is regulated by international standards, specifically CRS (Common Reporting Standard) and FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act).

We're legally obliged to report the year end account balances or provide information on the request of local tax authorities for any region where we operates as a bank. We don't share your information on an automated basis or directly with tax authorities of other countries — it's the relevant tax authority that’s responsible for collecting and sending this to other local authorities under the Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information, developed by the OECD, which represents the international consensus on automatic exchange of financial account information for tax purposes, on a reciprocal basis.