When will the money reach my Revolut account?
Your Revolut account balance will be updated once a transfer has reached your account.
In general, all of our transfers are very quick. However, depending on several factors, like the transfer details and currency chosen, your transfer may take slightly longer to reach your account.
You can use the below time frames to estimate when a transfer should reach you:
- CZK local details: You’ll usually receive the funds the same day if they were sent before the cut-off time – usually within minutes, but occasionally up to two hours later. Transfers made on weekends, Czech holidays or outside of bank hours will be received the next working day. In the Czech Republic, the cut-off time is 2pm CET. Payments received after cut-off time are processed on the next business day.
Key points to remember:
- Some banks don't process transfers during weekends and bank holidays
- We can’t accept transfers with incorrect recipient details, such as account number typos
- All banks and payment service providers are required to run checks on your payments to comply with regulations, which may cause delays
The timeframe should be calculated from the moment the transfer was actually sent out, not from the moment the transfer request was submitted.
With bank transfer
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the money reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Local CZK/HUF account details change for non-residents