How do I open a trading account?
To open a trading account, you need to first open a Revolut account, be at least 18 years old, and have at least the 7.3 version of the Revolut app.
Trading accounts are available on all revolut plans. Make sure you verify your email address and upload a valid ID to speed up your future investment account application.
We currently offer trading to legal residents of the UK. As you know, the UK left the EU on 31 December 2020. As a result, our trading company, Revolut Trading Limited (RTL) is no longer able to passport its services across the EEA, from 1 January 2021, as an appointed representative of its UK principal firm which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This means that RTL is no longer authorised on behalf of its principal firm to advertise, promote or otherwise provide the trading service to you under EU law after that date.
Getting started with trading
- What’s available to trade?
- When can I trade?
- Can I use leverage to trade?
- What is a fractional share?
- Can I buy only a fraction of a share?
- How is the portfolio value calculated?
- Do I see real-time security prices?
- What fees will I be charged for my trading?
- Are there any order limits to trade?
- Can I set price alerts for trading?
- How are my orders routed when I trade?
- What type of orders can i submit?
- What is a Limit Order?
- What is a Stop Order?