What does it mean when a payment is “uncaptured” on the Merchant portal?
Once a payment is authorised, it needs to be captured within 7 days so that money can be moved from the cardholder’s bank account into the merchant’s bank account. In general, you can set up either automatic or manual capturing of customers’ funds in the API configuration.
We recommend you choose automatic capture mode, unless you want to capture the funds only when merchandise is about to be shipped or the service is about to be provided. If you choose to capture funds manually, you can click on a particular payment in the transaction list and then you will see an option to either capture it or cancel it. If you do not capture the payment within 7 days from the moment you received it, it will get automatically reverted.
- Who can apply for a Merchant Account?
- How do I apply for a Merchant Account?
- How many merchant accounts do I need?
- What is a linked business account to a Merchant account?
- Where can I find the T&Cs for my Merchant Account?
- How can I allow my team member to access the Merchant tab in Revolut Business?
- Can I close my Merchant Account?
- Can I link multiple websites to one merchant account?
- How can I update my website in merchant account?