We offer two types of business accounts within our pricing plans.
Freelancer accounts are dedicated to freelancers, sole traders, sole proprietors (for US registered companies).
- Freelancer accounts are held under your name, not the name of your company
- Bank transfers that you send and receive are displayed under your name
- You won't be able to use your company's trade name with your account details
Company accounts are for companies that are already registered in your local Government Business Registration Service.
- Revolut Business cannot support your company if it doesn't have a valid registration number
- To open a company account, you must have all the required documents to submit during the onboarding process
- Your company must also be fully incorporated
If you're a freelancer/soletrader and you've started an application for a Company account by mistake, you'll need to close your application here and apply for a Freelancer account. If you eventually upgrade your business to a fully incorporated company, then you can apply for a Company account.