I don't recognise a card payment
If you're concerned that your card has been compromised, please freeze your card immediately in the app to prevent any unauthorised payments and check the following:
- Did you make payments to this merchant in the past?
If you don't recognize the merchant’s name, please open the 'Transactions' list and search it there. This will show if there were any payments to this merchant in the past and should help you recall the merchant.
- Have you ever provided your card details to this merchant?
If there were no previous payments to this merchant, try recalling if you ever provided your card details to them at any point.
For example, you linked the card as a payment method on a website, but never bought anything. Please contact the merchant to clarify the matter, this charge could be a mistake on their end.
- Merchant's name and location might show differently
Sometimes the merchant's name shown in-app may not resemble their actual brand name. Also, the location doesn't have to be the actual place where the payment was made - it's often the merchant's headquarters.
The app shows only the information the merchant decided to provide. The details can be double-checked with a quick Google search.
- Was the card used online or with a physical terminal?
If you see that the card was used with a physical terminal and you have the card with you, the payment should have been done by you. Try recalling if you made a payment of a similar amount on that day.
For online payments, it's worth checking if somebody from your family or friends could have used your card details.
If you've made a payment with an offline POS terminal (such as on a flight or petrol station), it can occasionally take a few days or even weeks for these transactions to appear on your statement.
A merchant can also send a so-called 'delayed' payment, if for some reason they had trouble processing the transaction for the first time. In this case, the original payment may be reverted, and a 'delayed' payment charged instead.
If you still believe your card has been used fraudulently, please fill out our chargeback form so we can help with the issue. If you have already filed a police report, it might help speed up the process. Please bear in mind that the chargeback process is a last resort to recover your money and it can take some time for Visa or Mastercard to issue their ruling (find out more about the process here).
If your card was lost or stolen, please report it as lost or stolen on the app or our website.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- I would like a refund for something I bought
- Refund is not showing up in my statement
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment