- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
I want to cancel a transfer
Once your transfer is submitted, it can’t be cancelled, so make sure you keep your recipient account details up to date.
Please note that the majority of transfer types we process can't be reversed. However, under some circumstances, we may attempt to recall your transfer by contacting relevant intermediary banks. This depends on the beneficiary bank's cooperation. While we can’t guarantee a successful outcome, or estimate the time it will take, we can assure that we'll do our best to solve this for you as soon as possible.
In general, there can be several reasons for cancelling the transfer. Some common situations are:
- I sent a transfer but the recipient account is closed
If the recipient account is closed or non-existent, the transfer should automatically bounce back to your account, normally within five working days, unless the receiving bank has technical issues.
- I sent a transfer but the recipient account details are incorrect
If the recipient account details don’t match, the transfer should automatically bounce back to your account, normally within five working days. However, these account details could belong to a different person, which can make the recovery process longer than usual. If that happens, your intended recipient may need to check with their bank about what can be done to speed up the recovery process.
- I sent a transfer twice by mistake
The easiest way to retrieve funds is to ask your recipient to pay you back the duplicate transfer.
If you believe a transfer should be reversed for another reason, get in touch with more details so we can find the best solution for you.
Issues with transfers
- My recipient has not received the money I sent
- I want to cancel a transfer
- Why is my beneficiary not allowed?
- Why has my transfer failed?
- Why has my transfer been declined?
- Why is my transfer still pending?
- Why was I charged a fee for my transfer?
- Why was my return payment less than the original amount sent?
- How do I download my transfer confirmation?