I’m unable to verify my identity
If you're waiting for the verification result, please note that it can take anywhere between 10 minutes and 24 hours or more for you to hear back from us. If your verification has failed, please try again and double-check that your images are clear and all document photos are readable without any blur or glare.
Make sure that you:
- Are over 18 years old
- Are residing within the European Economic Area, Australia, Singapore, Switzerland, or the United States
- Are using a document that isn't expired, damaged or unreadable
- Take pictures that are clear, with the details of the document readable
The account cannot be verified with pictures of screens/copies/scans of the real document.
If you're a citizen or a resident of Ireland, please note that currently Revolut doesn't accept Public Services Card for identity verification - this is due to lack of sufficient personal information on it.
Driving license is also not accepted due to our regulatory requirements - at the moment only Passport or Passport Card can be used for the verification process of our Irish customers.
Due to Brexit, we may need to ask you reverify the ID before we can migrate your account to our European entity.
If you're experiencing issues with ID reverification, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app
- To start the procedure, you can either tap on the notification you receive in the app, follow the instructions from the e-mail we've sent you, or upload the documents by following this link
- If your camera isn't working and you can't take photos, please use a different device. The documents have to be submitted in the app.
Please keep in mind that you need to submit documents, which support your right to remain in the country, registered with your profile. Our European entity can't legally accept a driving licence as a valid form of ID.
We completely understand the situation a lot of our customers are facing right now due to pandemic - so you can chat to us so that our agents could assist with individual circumstances.