Need a hand?

Just pop your question below to get an answer.

What to do if my rented vehicle breaks down or I have a car accident?

In the event of a breakdown or an accident you should immediately call the local emergency services.

Collect the other parties details including their:

  • Full name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Email
  • Licence number
  • Vehicle identification number
  • Name of their insurance
  1. Contact the police to report the incident and gather evidence for your claim.
  2. Take photos of damages.
  3. Contact your rental company and insurance provider for assistance.
  4. Refer to your rental agreement for their contact details. They will guide you on vehicle recovery, roadside assistance, and any applicable charges.

For Metal and Ultra customers only (Car hire excess coverage)

After following the instructions, when your rental is completed and the final charges have been settled by the rental company, submit a claim by going to Insurance → Travel Insurance → Get Help.

Recovery or repair without the rental company's knowledge may violate their terms and conditions.