How can we help?
Revolut for travel
You don't have to let us know when you're planning to travel. To make your experience abroad as seamless and enjoyable as possible, we've provided some handy tips and advice:
Verify your identity
You will need to verify your identity before you jet off on your trip! Your Revolut account is not functional until we're certain who you are in compliance with financial regulations, a process which usually takes less than 5 minutes. To verify your identity, please navigate to the 'Profile' section to submit pictures of yourself, your photo ID documents, and in some cases a visa or residence permit.
Have your card ready
You will need to order a physical card for card-present payments and cash withdrawals. Make sure you allow ample time for your physical card to arrive, as in some rare cases it can take longer than expected.
Add money before you leave
If you add money by card, we would recommend adding money automatically so you don't have to worry about insufficient funds while travelling. You should also confirm your deposit card before you go, so that all your transactions go smoothly while you're on the move.
Opt to be billed in the local currency
Some ATMs or POS terminals might ask you whether you would like to complete the transaction 'with conversion' or 'without conversion', you should always choose 'without conversion'. If you choose 'with conversion' or accept the rate proposed by the terminal, the ATM provider or merchant can apply their own exchange rate, which is not the interbank rate, and make a profit on your transaction. As a rule of thumb, you should always opt to be charged in the local currency of the country you're in! Choose Thai Baht if you’re in Thailand, Euros in Spain, or US Dollars in the United States.
With bank transfer
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the money reach my Revolut account?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- Is there a limit for receiving local payments?
- Issues with deposits
- How do I add money to my Revolut account with another card?
- What cards and currencies are supported?
- Will I be charged for adding money by card?
- Verifying my deposit card
- How do auto deposits work?
- Are there any card deposit limits?
- What is the “Credit Monetisation Rule”?
- What features are disabled when adding money with credit cards or prepaid cards?