Revolut for travel
You don't have to let us know when you're planning to travel. To make your experience abroad as seamless and enjoyable as possible, we've provided some handy tips and advice:
Verify your identity
You will need to verify your identity before you jet off on your trip! Your Revolut account is not functional until we're certain who you are in compliance with financial regulations, a process which usually takes less than 5 minutes. To verify your identity, please navigate to the 'Profile' section to submit pictures of yourself, your photo ID documents, and in some cases a visa or residence permit.
Have your card ready
You will need to order a physical card for card-present payments and cash withdrawals. Make sure you allow ample time for your physical card to arrive, as in some rare cases it can take longer than expected. A normal chip-and-PIN transaction is required first in order to activate contactless payments.
Add money before you leave
The best way to load a large amount of money into your Revolut account is via a bank transfer. If you add money by card, we would recommend adding money automatically so you don't have to worry about insufficient funds while travelling. You should also confirm your deposit card before you go, so that all your transactions go smoothly while you're on the move.
Opt to be billed in the local currency
Some ATMs or POS terminals might ask you whether you would like to complete the transaction 'with conversion' or 'without conversion', you should always choose 'without conversion'. If you choose 'with conversion' or accept the rate proposed by the terminal, the ATM provider or merchant can apply their own exchange rate, which is not the interbank rate, and make a profit on your transaction. As a rule of thumb, you should always opt to be charged in the local currency of the country you're in! Choose Thai Baht if you’re in Thailand, Euros in Spain, or US Dollars in the United States.
With bank transfer
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the money reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Local CZK/HUF account details change for non-residents
With linked accounts
- How can I add money using my linked bank account?
- Is adding money with my linked bank account safe?
- I added money with my linked bank account, but I can't see it on my account in Revolut
- Can you do anything if I have a problem using my linked bank account to add money?
- Can I add money with a shared or joint bank account?
- Am I eligible for credit?
- Do you ask for any security on a credit?
- What does the interest rate depend on?
- Are there any fees for credit apart from the interest?
- What is APR?
- How long will the application/assessment take?
- How does Revolut decide whether to offer me credit?
- Do you carry out credit checks? Will you carry out a credit check on my partner/spouse?
- Why is my credit offer different to what I applied for?
- Why was my credit application rejected?
- Can I reapply if my credit application was rejected?
- Can I have more than one credit at the same time?
- I’ve changed my mind, how do I cancel my credit?
- How do I repay the loan? How do the repayments work?
- How do I manage my credit repayments?
- How do you calculate the loan repayments?
- Can I repay my credit early? Are there any charges for early repayment?
- Why can’t I delete the backup repayment card?
- Do I need to upgrade to Premium or Metal before I can get a credit card?
- Do I need to upgrade to Premium or Metal to get a second virtual credit card?
- How can I access funds from the credit limit?
- What can I use my credit limit for?
- Are there any fees if I do not use my credit limit?
- If I withdraw cash with my credit card from an ATM will I be charged?
- How do I get in touch if I need help with my credit?
- What is the minimum monthly payment and how is it calculated?
- How is the interest for my credit limit calculated?
- How can I get my credit statement?
- Can I overpay my credit limit? Are there any charges for overpaying?
- If I repay the outstanding balance of my credit limit will these funds be available for me to use it again?
- How can I change (increase or decrease) my current credit card’s limit?
- Who provides the credit?