Why has my card payment been declined?
In case of a failed card payment, tap 'See all' on the Home screen and find the declined transaction. Selecting it will display the transaction details explaining the reason and advise on what to do to make the next transaction successful. Most common reasons for failed card payments are:
- You have not verified your identity (KYC)
- there's not enough of funds in one of the accounts linked to your card
- Card is frozen
- You're attempting to make an online payment but online payments are disabled in PIN & Security settings
- You're attempting to make a contactless payment with a card but contactless payments are disabled in PIN & Security settings
- Our fraud detection system blocked your card payment attempt because it was suspicious
- You have provided incorrect card details (card number, expiry date, CVV code, billing address)
Note: If there's no trace of failed card payment on the transactions list, it's the merchant who decided not to allow you to use your Revolut Business card. Make sure you provide the correct billing address.
Still no answer? Feel free to submit a support request and we will be happy to help you.
- What cards do you offer?
- How many cards can I have?
- How do I order new card?
- When will I receive my card?
- How can I check my card details (PIN/CVC/expiry date)?
- What billing address should I use for card payments?
- What is 3DS and how do I authorise payments with it?
- How do I set up Apple/Google Pay?
- What currencies does my card support?
- Can I label/name my cards?