1. To be able to open a Merchant account you need to:
- Have a Revolut Business account already reviewed and approved.
- Be registered in one of the countries that supports merchant services: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- Have sufficient online presence depending on the merchant services requested. If online presence is requested, it needs to clearly present your Nature of Business and business name in it.
- Have only one distinct Nature of Business. A Nature of Business is a short summary of the kind of service you have or provide as a business. Businesses with multiple business lines (like a retail seller that also provides legal advice) are ineligible for a Merchant account.
2. You might be asked to provide additional information before you can access our Merchant services.
- If you’re asked to provide additional info about you or your business, please upload the requested information by using the Information request tab in the Revolut Business mobile or web app.
- This information can include: financial statements, past invoices, proof of ownership of your website, operating licences, etc.
- If your Nature of Business falls under our list of Restricted business models, you'll be asked to provide special documentation to be reviewed by our team. Your Business can only be classified with one Nature of Business.
- If your Nature of Business falls under our list of Prohibited business models, we won't be able to provide you with a Merchant account.