How does Revolut calculate the cryptocurrency rates?
We stream the prices from the exchanges we’ve partnered with and calculate a Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP). Our derived rate takes into account other factors, such as market depth and volatility.
We then apply a margin on our derived rate, which you are shown separately before you execute a transaction, and afterwards in transaction details. The margin varies depending on what plan you are on. (See our Fees and Charges Section for details.) The price you pay is locked in at the time of the exchange settlement.
Getting cryptocurrency exposure
- Which cryptocurrencies are supported?
- How much does it cost to buy or sell cryptocurrency?
- How can I start using cryptocurrency features?
- How do I buy and sell cryptocurrency?
- Does the conversion from and to cryptocurrencies happen instantly?
- Sending cryptocurrency
- Can I set target prices for exchanging cryptocurrency automatically?
- Can I be notified of price volatility?