Which details should I use to receive CZK or HUF bank transfers, and where can I find them?
From 24 March 2021 (for UK customers)/ 5 April 2021 (for EEA customers) onward, as a non-resident, to continue receiving bank transfers in these currencies, you must use your international IBAN displayed in the app. You can find it under “Accounts” on the home screen, by tapping the country symbol next to your balance and then clicking on “Details” within the settings - your international IBAN will appear below where it says “SWIFT”.
Changes to Local Account Details Q1 2021
- What happens to payments sent to the local account details after 18 March 2021?
- Which details should I use instead, and where can I find them?
- I have recurring payments sent to my local account details, will I still receive them?
- Why are my local account details not visible in the Revolut App?
- Will my outbound transactions be disrupted by this change?
- Can I expect any hidden fees or delays?
- Can my salary still be paid into my Revolut account?
- Can I still top-up my Revolut account?
- I only use my Revolut account for the local account details, how can I close my Revolut account?
- Will I be charged for returned payments?