Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
You can transfer money to your accounts via bank transfer in the following 28 currencies: AED, AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, JPY, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, RUB, QAR, RON, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR
Alternatively, you can transfer money to your accounts via card top-ups, auto top-ups and Google Pay in the following 18 currencies: AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HUF, HKD, HRK, JPY, NOK, PLN, RON, SEK, USD, ZAR
Apple Pay supports the following 14 currencies for top-ups: AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, JPY, NOK, PLN, RON, SEK, USD, ZAR
With bank transfer
- Changes to Local Account Details Q1 2021
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the money reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Local CZK/HUF account details change for non-residents
Changes to Local Account Details Q1 2021
- What happens to payments sent to the local account details after 18 March 2021?
- Which details should I use instead, and where can I find them?
- I have recurring payments sent to my local account details, will I still receive them?
- Why are my local account details not visible in the Revolut App?
- Will my outbound transactions be disrupted by this change?
- Can I expect any hidden fees or delays?
- Can my salary still be paid into my Revolut account?
- Can I still top-up my Revolut account?
- I only use my Revolut account for the local account details, how can I close my Revolut account?
- Will I be charged for returned payments?