When will the money reach my Revolut account?
Your Revolut account balance will be updated once a transfer has reached your account.
In general, all of our transfers are very quick. However, depending on several factors, like the transfer details and currency chosen, your transfer may take slightly longer to reach your account.
You can use the below time frames to estimate when a transfer should reach you:
- RON local details:If you add RON from a bank domiciled in Romania using your RON local details, the transfer can usually take up to 3 working days.
- GBP local details: this usually takes one day, but it may take up to 3 working days depending on how the sender’s bank processed the transfer.
- Faster Payment usually takes a few hours to receive
- CHAPs takes a bit longer but should arrive on the same day
- BACs, often used by employers to pay salaries, can take three working days to receive
- EUR local details: when transferring EUR from a bank in the SEPA area, the transfer may take up to two working days.
- SEPA Instant only takes a few seconds (check here if the sending bank supports SEPA Instant transfer)
- For all other cases, you’ll need to use your SWIFT account details for the respective currency account, and the transfer might take up to five working days.
Key points to remember:
- Some banks don't process transfers during weekends and bank holidays
- We can’t accept transfers with incorrect recipient details, such as account number typos
- All banks and payment service providers are required to run checks on your payments to comply with regulations, which may cause delays
The timeframe should be calculated from the moment the transfer was actually sent out, not from the moment the transfer request was submitted.
With bank transfer
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the money reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Local CZK/HUF account details change for non-residents