How do I verify my identity?
Revolut must follow a regulatory requirement commonly known as 'Know Your Customer’ (KYC), under which we're expected to verify the identity of our customers. Because of this, account restrictions will be in place while the verification process is in progress (mainly limiting the ability to transfer money or use a card).
To carry out a quick identity check, you must be at least 18 years old, and we'll need your name, address, a selfie, and a photo of your ID. We accept any of the following:
- National ID
- Full driving license (only in UK, Switzerland, USA, Australia)
- If you're not a citizen of the country of your personal address, we'll need to ask for proof of your right to reside in such country (visa along with national passport or a residence permit)
If your business is incorporated in UK, Switzerland or the rest of EEA:
- National ID - valid for at least 1 month from date of application
- Passport - valid for at least 1 month from date of application
- Full driving license - valid for at least 1 month from date of application
- All other documents such as visa or residence permit - valid for at least 3 months from date of application
If your business is incorporated in USA: all documents must be valid for at least 3 months from date of application.
If your business is incorporated in Australia: Australian or New Zealand Passport (valid for at least 1 month from date of application), Driving licence (valid for at least 1 month), all other documents (valid for at least 3 months).
We need a clear live photo (captured from your smartphone, i.e. not a scan) of the provided document. Make sure that the document is fully within frame, without cropped corners or watermarks. If you experience issues with the mobile app or phone, try reinstalling the app or using another smartphone.
The length of the process depends on the accuracy and quality of the information you submit. You can submit your details in the request tab on your account and we'll keep you updated within 24 hours in case we may need more information from you. Once the request is completed, you should no longer see it in your app.
If you have any questions about ID verification, please raise a support request here. You can only verify your ID within the Revolut Business app; our support team won't be able to accept ID pictures.