You cannot open or hold a Revolut account if you carry out any sort of business or activity that relates to the following:
- Armaments, nuclear, weapons or defence manufacturers
- Adult entertainment/Pornography
- Auction houses
- Cannabinoids (THC, CBD, CBN)
- Chemicals and allied products not elsewhere classified*
- Crowdfunding platforms
- Cryptocurrency firms**
- Dating escort services
- Diplomatic Offices
- Equity/mutual funds and other investment funds
- Fake goods/counterfeit consumer products
- Fine art dealers
- Funds (including venture capital funds)
- Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (IOLTAs)
- Non-profit organisations
- Pension schemes
- Political organisations and institutions
- Precious metals & stone dealers
- Quasi-cash merchants
- Religious organisations
- Registered and unregistered charities
- Second-hand car dealers
- Second-hand heavy construction equipment dealers
- Special Purpose Vehicle/Special Purpose Entity (SPV/SPE)
- Streaming companies (companies getting donations from viewers)
- Video game arcade
- Unregulated FX businesses
- Unregulated Loan businesses
- Unregulated Money Services businesses
- Unregulated Remittance business
*We can not onboard any business that (please note that these restrictions apply to all countries, not only the UK):
- Produce, own, sell, distribute or supply original materials to produce any goods that is on UK’s Strategic Export Control Lists. You can use this page to check.
- Produce, own, sell, distribute or supply original materials to produce any goods that is not on the Control Lists, but a general licence is required under End-Use Controls.
- Sectors that may be subject to sanction such as petroleum industry - the global processes of exploration, extraction, refining, transporting (often by oil tankers and pipelines), and marketing of petroleum products.
**Accepted cryptocurrency firms:
- Companies that use blockchain technology
- Companies that accept/pay with crypto currency
**Unaccepted cryptocurrency firms:
- Companies that process funds to/from crypto exchanges
- Companies that are related to crypto trading (e.g. an exchange, a broker, an ICO specialist
- Businesses that work with client money can be accepted, but the account cannot be used to process client money (you cannot hold, exchange, transfer or manage client funds in a Revolut Business account. Client funds essentially means any money that belongs to your customers).
Is my business eligible?
Selecting a business plan
- How much does it cost to use Revolut Business?
- What are my payment options?
- When does my billing period start?
- Where can I see my plan allowance and usage?
- Changing my business plan
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- What are the differences between Company and Freelancer Business plans?
- How can I get Custom plan?
- How can I change to annual/monthly billing?