Why has my transaction been declined?
Possible reasons and solutions for declined card payments:
- Security system declined the payment. Please unfreeze card in 'Cards' section and try again, learn more.
- Cannot see the declined transaction in the app? Please check here.
- Connection issue. Try making the payment again. If paying by Apple/Google pay, try re-adding the card. Learn more.
- Insufficient funds. Add money to your account here. Also, check for any amounts stuck in pending payments. Please check currency pocket settings, learn more.
- Card was not activated. Activate your card by making a purchase using your PIN.
- Check the card settings. Select the card in 'Cards' tab > 'Settings' > Location-based security > switch it off if needed, learn more.
- Incorrect PIN. Check your PIN in the app in 'Cards' > Settings > View PIN/CVV.
If a payment shows completed in the app but was declined by the merchant > tap on 'Report an issue' to submit a chargeback form.
For declined online payments, check out our FAQ page.
Revolut cards cannot be used in Russia and Belarus due to international sanctions.