- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- Confirmation of Payee
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Why has my card payment been declined?
Some of the most common reasons resulting in your Revolut card being declined are: inputting incorrect card details (PIN, expiration date, or CVC), declines due to exceeding PIN/CVV tries, certain payment types (swipe, contactless) being disabled in your security settings, issues with 3DS verification for online payments, as well as transactions declined by our automated security system.
For changing card security settings and unblocking PIN/CVV tries, please choose PIN & Security option in the 'Cards' section in the app or our website.
After unblocking CVV, virtual cards can be used right away, while physical cards need to be activated by making a payment with chip and PIN code after resetting PIN or CVV.
Your full card details can be checked by selecting 'Reveal card details' option, which pops up when you tap on the card.
Make sure your card has not been accidentally frozen or reported lost or stolen. If found, your lost or stolen card can be linked back to your Revolut account in the app.
If the transaction was declined, but the payment shows as completed, please fill out our online chargeback form. If the transaction is still pending, the funds should be credited back to your account automatically. Please allow 7 days from the moment the payment was made before submitting the form.
Our team should get back to you in a few working days with an update and information on estimated resolution timeframe.
If a payment was declined, but is not visible in your transactions' list, please see this article.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- I would like a refund for something I bought
- Refund is not showing up in my statement
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment