In some situations, you may wish to give access to your account to someone else. To make this possible, you or the person to whom you may wish to give access must submit a Power of Attorney (POA) to us.
A POA is a signed document prepared by one individual (the Donor) allowing another (the Attorney) to act on their behalf in certain defined situations. Although the 'Attorney' can be, and often is, a lawyer of some kind, almost anyone can be an 'Attorney' for these purposes (as long as they're capable of making decisions and a legal adult in the relevant jurisdiction).
How can I obtain a Power of Attorney?
The easiest way to get a POA is by contacting a lawyer, notary, or your local citizens advice office. They’ll be able to advise you on the type of POA you need, and how to obtain one.
What should a Power of Attorney contain?
What should be contained in a POA depends on its type and your jurisdiction of your country. In all circumstances, the POA should state:
- Your name, as the donor (the POA should include your address, so we know it related to you).
- The name of the Attorney (and their address).
- The date on which the POA was signed.
- If the POA is requested for a limited time, the date of its expiry.
- The scope of the Attorney's authority under the POA.
How can I submit a Power of Attorney to Revolut?
You need to reach out to our support team via chat, following the steps below:
- Tap on your profile picture or initials (left top corner).
- Open 'Help' section.
- Select a topic you need help with.
- If the article doesn't solve your problem, click chat to us.
- You can also reach us through the email: email@example.com.
We'll verify your request and act on your instructions in accordance with the POA.
Submitting a POA as the Attorney:
If you have a Revolut account, you must be logged into it. You’ll need to send us a selfie showing your ID in order for us to verify your identity on the chat.
If you don’t have a Revolut account, our chat agents will need to ask for your full name, a selfie with your ID and your contact details.
After sharing this information with our Customer Support team, please wait until the team reviews the request and gets in contact in regard to next steps.
Revolut does not provide legal advice. This page contains general information. We recommend you check the legal requirements in your jurisdiction or obtain specialist advice.