When does the purchase protection not cover me?
The Purchase Protection will not be able to cover you for:
- the first €50 of any claim
- normal wear and tear
- damage caused intentionally by you
- damage to items caused by product defects.
- theft of or damage to items where you have failed to take sufficient care of them or have left them unsecured or outside your reach.
- theft not reported to the police within 48 hours of discovery or as soon as reasonably possible and without a written report obtained.
- confiscation or destruction of purchases by any government, customs or public authority.
- costs which are recoverable from any other source.
- theft or damage to: jewellery, precious stones, rare and precious coins or stamps; one of a kind items including antiques, art work and furs; cash or its equivalents (including travellers cheques); stocks, bonds, coupons, securities of all species and equivalent papers; tickets; services; books; animals and plants; consumable and perishable goods; food and beverages; healthcare items; rebuilt and refurbished items; closing down sale items; vehicles and their parts; land and buildings; items permanently affixed to home, office or vehicles; digital data to view or download online (including files, music, films, photos, software); goods purchased to be sold onwards or used for professional purposes; weapons, illegal drugs, counterfeit goods and other goods subject to customs confiscation; purchases on peer-to-peer sites unless from a commercial seller. Any items not paid outright and in full on the account, such as items purchased on payment plans, even if the payment plan is paid on the account.
- refurbished items
- cosmetic damage or any damage that does not affect the functionality of a device.
- shipping costs for sending the item to Qover which exceed €50.
Please see the Terms & Conditions in the app for more details.
You can access them in the app by going to Hub → Insurance → select the type and click on 'All documents'.