Here's a list of charities, organisations, and support groups which offer expert advice on financial difficulties.
If your account is registered in the UK, you can use the following services:
- StepChange (0800 138 1111)
- Citizens Advice (0800 144 8848)
- National Debtline (0808 808 4000)
- The Money Advice Service (0800 138 7777)
- PayPlan (0800 280 2816)
If you have an account in another country, please see if the below services are applicable:
- In Ireland - please visit the website of Citizen Information.
- In France - please visit the website of Banque de France.
- In Italy - please visit the website of L'Economia Per Tutti.
- In the Netherlands - you can go to the municipality where you live. They can help you with advice and coaching in the field of business problems, financing, income support, ending your business, retraining or a budget coach. It is a statutory task of municipalities to help people with debts.
- In Spain - you can go to the municipality institutions where you live. They can help you with advice and coaching in the field of business problems, financing and income support.
- In Portugal - please visit: Gabinete de Apoio ao Sobre-endividado (GASDECO) website and Associação Portuguesa para Observação Investigação e Apoio na Reeducação em Matéria de Endividamento (APOIARE) website.