Find out how safe is your gambling through this quick test by GamCare. If you're worried that you spend more than you should on gambling, here's a list of charities, organisations, and support groups where you can find out more information and receive professional support:
In the UK:
Here's a list of charities, organisations and support groups where you can find more information and get professional advice on gambling problems:
- GamCare - Leading national provider of free information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling (Call 0808 8020 133).
- The Gordon Moody Association - Residential courses for men and women who have problems with gambling (Call 01384 241292).
- Gamblers Anonymous UK - Local support groups that use the 12-step approach to recovery from addiction and offer free meetings for gamblers (Call 0330 094 0322).
- Gambling Therapy - Online & email peer groups for text-based "real-time" group support run by trained and knowledgeable facilitators.
Resources outside the UK:
- France - visit this website or contact Adictel Prevention Addiction 24/7 at email@example.com.
- Ireland - visit the website of Gamble Aware Ireland's or call the National Gambling Helpline (Call1800 753 753).
- Italy - visit this website or call the National Gambling helpline (Call800 558822).
- Netherlands - Visit this website or call the AGOG National information number (Call0900 2177721).
- Spain - visit the website of Federación Española de Jugadores de Azar Rehabilitados.
- Portugal - visit the website of Instituto de Apoio ao Jogador's.