How can we help?

Where can I get help and advice on financial abuse?

If you or your children are in immediate danger, call the police on 999. If you can’t talk (for example, because your abuser is present), call 999 followed by 55. This will confirm that you have a genuine emergency, and the police officer will do their best to ascertain your location.

Here is a list of charities, organisations and support groups which offer expert advice on financial and domestic abuse.

Refuge - 24-hour UK National Domestic Abuse Helpline for women and children suffering from financial and domestic abuse (Call 0808 2000 247)

Women’s Aid - Support and information for women experiencing domestic abuse, via live chat, email and forum support

Men’s Advice Line - The helpline for male victims of domestic abuse via telephone, web chat and email support (Call 0808 8010327)

Galop - Emotional and practical support for LGBT+ people experiencing domestic, emotional or financial abuse (Call 0800 999 5428)

The Money Advice Service - Advice and information on protection against financial abuse (Call 0800 138 7777)

Related Articles