Car hire excess protection is included for Metal and Ultra customers only.
We cover the excess or damage liability fee for stolen or damaged rental cars. This coverage does not replace vehicle insurance.
We’ll pay this excess in case of damage or theft of a rental vehicle, with a limit of £2000.
Depending on your policy terms, you may be covered for:
- Damage to the rental vehicle's bodywork.
- Expensive damage-related fees such as towing, relocation, “loss of use” and administration charges.
- Theft or vandalism of the rental vehicle.
- Damage to windscreens, mirrors, and lights, including external glass and lights.
- Damage to wheels and tyres including punctures, fittings, replacements, and repairs.
- Damage to the underbody of the vehicle.
- Damage caused by natural weather events.
- Any excess or damage liability fees.
The key exclusions are:
- Rentals for 32 days or longer.
- Rental car loss of value.
- Mechanical breakdown.
The car must have been hired more than 200 km from your home address.
You don’t have to use your Revolut account to pay for the car rental to be eligible for the coverage.
For more info on the Car Hire Excess Coverage, refer to the policy, tap 'Lifestyle' in the bottom menu → 'Insure' → 'Travel' → select a type → 'All Documents'.